Thursday 15 November 2012

From Florence to Siena (with one 'n')


 


Yesterday we went to Siena and walked, walked, walked. The middle of Siena is shaped as a shell and is a slope. I lay down on Mummy and Mummy looked at the map, then we walked, walked, walked. We went to the toilet and we had to pay for the toilet and I thought that was very annoying and weird. So then we went up the stairs that were on a bit of an angle and we bought some things.
I bought a little box, I bought a jumper with my name with one 'n' in it. Then we went on a bus and went back to Florence.

Florence is a bit like Paris and you just walk through hallways and buildings next to lots and lots of doors. We bought some gelati (hint - we had gelati every day in Florence).

The first day we got to Florence we arrived after lunch, we hadn't had lunch yet. So we went out for the first time in Florence, we went to a restaurant to have some lunch. Mum had gnocchi and I had salmon sauce with penne. We met a magic man who was sitting next to us in the restaurant. I watched him do magic tricks and then he showed me more magic tricks, like he made a cloth go red, he made a cloth disappear in his hand and took it out of his mouth. I thought that was disgusting. He said that he played the guitar with his band that night. We couldn't find him later, though.

Our hotel name was Hotel Globus. I met a little girl again in the hotel, she was three years old and from California. She had a biscuit and then I had two biscuits as well, I helped her open the jar. Then we went out of the hotel and I spent the last of my money and a bit of mummy's money on Tarai, a handmade leather turtle purse. We were talking with the stall people about how to say 'helper' in Italian, and she wrote things down for us and we chose Tarai from Tartaruga (Italian for turtle) and aiutare (to help). I wanted to call her 'the helper' but I liked Tarai more.




Then we walked a lot, saw the David statue replica and I didn't really like it. I went on the carousel. I said thank you to mummy. We saw the bridge with houses on it. We went back to shopping, we looked at the hats and got some gloves. We stopped and had gelato, I had chocolate because I love it, it's yummy. We saw this guy who was smoking the other day and I ran away. Then we went to a cafe and mum wrote this blog post down for me.


Goodbye, ciao ciao (goodbye in Italian). Tonight we have to go get our suticases, we have to get them down the stairs because the elevator only goes down to the second bottom level. It's very tiring for mum, I was sorry for her, I'm always sorry for her. Then if we have time I will go on the ipad in the train station while we are waiting for our overnight train. it will take us to Munich in Germany for two days. Isn't that great? Also on the train for the ipad, maybe, I really really hope so.

I miss you everyone, soooo much. 
   

3 comments:

  1. Can you bring me back an gelati Sienna??? They look So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a bit funny that you had to pay for the toilet, isnt it? But I think gelati everyday makes up for that! Great pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Universita Siena sweater :)

    Can't wait for the next blog post Sienna Belle!

    ReplyDelete