Tuesday 13 November 2012

Wet feet in Venice


There are no cars in Venice, they do have taxis except they're boats.

View from our hotel room window
Our hotel room is through that slightly open green door in the corner
Our hotel
We went to our hotel from the train station and somone helps us because the suitcase was very heavy and there was really high water everywhere. We were filmed a little on  TV because the tide was 1.5 metres high (but it wasn't 1.5 metres high where we were, it was about 20-30cm when we were being filmed). We were walking through the water and walked past the TV men and they wanted to shoot because two people were helping us carry our big suitcase over the water. It was Channel 3 in Italy but we didn't see it. I liked getting wet, it's awesome.


Yesterday I watched a little bit of TV in the morning. I watched Skylanders in Italian. Mum stopped it near the start of the show. I was disappointed. We had breakfast. I played Minecraft for a really really really really really short time. I played a new game. When I started playing it I was stuck in a hole. It was so so stupid. While mummy was making my blog post and checking money and emailing.

Then we went out of the hotel. I was sad because there was no flood. I was sad because I loved walking through the tide. It was so fun. Mum bought me gumboots the day before. Last night I said thank you mummy for buying the boots.

Buying Venetian masks
 



On our wandering we came across this wedding couple having photos
 




We went into a mask shop. We got a beautiful mask for mum, a beautiful mask for me and a funny mask as well. Later on in the day we bought another silly mask that has bells on the head.
My drawing of the glass making

We were walking for a long time and I saw a man making glass animals in a shop. There was a flame in front of him. He gets lots of flass sticks, puts them in the flame, it goes gooey and then he makes a shape and dries it off. Then puts more decoration on by getting another tiny thin little coloured glass stick, puts it in the flame, it gets gooey, then he dobs it on the animal and whatever colour it is - like black - there's a little black dot on the glass animal.


THE END

2 comments:

  1. What type of glass animals did the guy make? Did they look awesome? ~ Jimmy and the paddock full of animals at school.

    ReplyDelete